Monday 21 March 2016

" Perfectly Imperfect"

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by today at my blog. I hope you like what I have created for you all to see. 

Today I would like to share with you all my latest Design Team layout over at Color, Stories and Inspiration.

This one is for case file number 193.

I couldn't find a photo to go with these colours and was going to revert to the black and white photo,
Then I remembered a recent trip to the beach with my hubby and knew some of the photos were still on the camera. Playing around with some of the settings, this one came out really blurry as you can see, but when my hubby saw the photo his comment was 
" That's the best photo of me "
So how good is the title for these photos of him??


The layout has a real rustic/beachy feel to it.
I tore some of the paper away and then distressed the edges. I added some thin strips of hessian under the edges too. The orange beading is called sand and I raided hubby's shed. It was just sitting on the shelf not being used.
I love to use plain straws, add washi tape to them and then add them to my layouts.

Case file no 193
Case file elements:
The Scheme- blue, pale celadon green, olive green, bright orange and black.
The evidence- I used the following; string, birds, frames, flowers, shells, nautical elements, labels.
The testimony- I framed my journaling and wrote from 365 Questions What relaxes you?
Relaxing at the beach. I love to fish, I love to surf, I love the sound of the waves, I love to stand and listen and think at the beach.




I used a frame to hold my journalling. 


Lots of stamping and paint splatters. I used a stencil to 
get the effect of the birds flying across the page.


Love the title for this page. Its just suits the photo and my hubby so well. 
The orange sand was a little pale so I covered it with orange silks paint.


                     A piece of chippy chains covered in Viva Ferro Special effect paints. 
I tried to add a few beachy items like the fishing net. I made this myself from string. 
A few shells from the beach and anchors, ships wheels.
 

Love the texture in the flowers for this page. 
Black polaroid frame for one of the pictures and the other frame was left overs in my chipboard box.
 Its a box that I keep near where I am working and it holds all those little leftovers pieces and the blanks.
 I love to use both the positive and the negative of the chipboard.




Corrugated board which I covered with gesso and then edged with distress ink.
The thistle chipboard I left natural but added green 
Micro beads to the ends.



The anchor was die cut out them I used the Viva Ferro paste.
Black splatters and white splatters finished off the layout.

some of the items I used;
Kaisercraft papers - Blue Bay Collection " Shimmer" 
Black bazzill
hessian
Life Documented Photo stickers
Me and my Big Ideas - Mambi stickers & Pocket [ages stickers
2Crafty Thistle shrub and chain lengths
Plaid black metallic paint
Ceramcoat; Blue Jay & white
Silks Apricot nectar
Viva Ferro Special Effects paint
Deco sand (Bunnings)
Petaloo flowers; Wild mini blooms, textured elements textured blossoms Moss green, Faux dried mini, grey/blue & purple/green, printed Darjeeling, Darjeeling Mini Mix Teastain.
Distress Ink - vintage photo & peeled paint
plasterers tape
bird stencil
shells
wooden anchor & ships wheel
straws
washi tape
string
micro beads -Green
corrugated board

thanks for stopping by
till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx




No comments:

Post a Comment