Sunday 27 March 2016

" Kindy "

Happy Easter to everyone and I hope you are having a wonderful time with all your families.

 Today I want to share a layout that I have created for Color, Stories and Inspiration as part of the design team.
This one was created for case file 195.

The colours in this case file are not colours that I would usually scrap so this was a little bit out of the box for me. I must add that once I started it, I now love it and may use this colour combo again.

I am doing school albums for each of my 3 kids and this one was perfect for my youngest son " Wade " for his first year of school. This is my " baby's " first day at Blacksmiths Primary and he just looked so tiny in his school shirt and over-sized hat. He does have shorts on even though you can't see them under that shirt. The back pack that he could hardly lift but was determined to carry. All ready..nope, no shoes yet !!



Distressed the edges then random punching,inking and doodling all around the edge. The background was stenciled with black crackle paint and then while it was still wet I added some black Micro Beads. I used some green Inka Gold paste and stenciled some squares randomly
then to finish it all off I inked a stencil and used it like a stamp to get the little circles.

This is case file 195

The case file elements
The Scheme - Sage/celadon green, teal green, orangey terracotta, olive/apple green and avocado green.
The Evidence - I used the following- stripes, polaroid frames, hearts, flowers, tiny brads, string, felt, ink splats and animals.
The Testimony - I took and idea from 1000 Awesome things and wrote about Wades first day at school which is  under the title contained in a book I made from a jig saw piece.

Now for some of the closeups:



You can see al the layers in this photo. I love adding little animals on all my pages now albeit an owl, bird or lady bird or something else I can find in my stash.
So many layers of papers, jig saw pieces, punchinella, chipboard and cutouts.
,

'I took some large jig saw pieces and split them and then covered the two pieces with pattern paper. I used these as my start for all my layers. I added stitching and inked the edges of them also.I love the look of the Micro Beads on the background.


I used some polaroid frames in the layers with the bottom one having the date written with my Motex writer.


Don't use brads much these days so I love it when I can add a couple to my layouts. 
Here I have a couple of black hearts each end of the banner.



I love using the cutouts to add elements to my layouts and in this one I used the 
mushrooms plus a few others. Of course flowers : ) 
I added a couple of  D-lish flairs too.




Finished the layout with the wooden dogs some black Dylusion splatters, some 
pearly dots and clear sayings stickers.

some of the products I used:
Bella BLVD paper- Color Chaos - " Guacamole Strandz "
Minds Eye Wild Asparagus " All Boy "
Plain black bazzil
Bo Bunny Rough it up stamp
Distress Ink - peeled paint and black soot
Liquid Pearl - Avocado
Dylusion - Black marble
Kaisercraft - Paper Blooms " Sea Breeze "
Prima Princess Whimsical -black
Inka paste - Green
Crackle paint Black
Black Micro Beads
Scrap FX Chipboard
D-lish Flairs
Green Tara ribbon - " hessian weave"
Motex writer
Kaisercraft cutouts
Wooden dogs and owls
Jo Sonya  paints
Bird on a wire Washi Tape

Thanks for stopping by
till next time

keep on scrapping

Carol xx











No comments:

Post a Comment