Friday 2 October 2015

" The Eyes are the Window to the Soul "

Welcome everyone and today I want to share my challenge layout that I created for the
The Scrap Suites Cyber-Crop challenges over on Face Book.

My challenge idea was to use unusual or everyday items from  around the house to either stamp or
stencil your background.
I used a piece of a basketball
a golf ball
bottom of a nail polish bottle
clothes de-fluffer
a cork from a wine bottle
and for a stencil I punched a row of flowers on some scrap cardstock and if you look closely you can see the Martha Stewart punch as the leaves and flowers on the background.



This is my youngest granddaughter " Eliza". Distressed the edges then inked them. You can see by above how I created the background stamping but first I adhered thin strips of pattern papers down and outlined them with black ink.


You can see the unique stamping in this photo very clearly.
I took the  little white Green Tara flowers and added 
a little of the aqua ink to the centres.
The "honeycomb" pattern is from the golf ball.



Love the colour combination on this layout so I wanted to bring 
that beautiful aqua colour boldly on the title.
The circles are from the wine cork.




Layers behind the photo and I added some of the orange to the wings of the black and white butterflies. A couple of white doilies in the layers.
The flowers and leaves are from the Marta Stewart punch and the circles from the bottom of the nail polish bottle.





The ScrapFX chipboard was painted white and I rubbed Gelato colour over the flowers then a perfectly placed pearl in the middle of the flowers. In the clusters I added some of the beautiful Green Tara ribbon. I love this stuff, you pull the thread and it bunches it up to make these perfect bows.


I love this resin frame that I purchased from  D-lish Scraps.
I adhered a tag "this is me" to the inside.
The dot patterns are from the piece of basket ball and the clothes de-fluffer.

Some of the items I have used;
D-lish products;
resin frame
Green Tara flowers
ScrapFX chipboard
doilies
pearls.

Prima flowers
Green Tara ribbon
Kaisercraft cutouts
plain cardstock
scrap pattern papers
Black distress ink
Black archival ink
Gelatos
Ceramcoat paint

Thanks for popping in and taking a peek at my blog. 
If you like what you see please leave some love.

Keep on scrapping 

Carol xx





No comments:

Post a Comment