Thursday 13 August 2015

" My Army Hero "

Hello and welcome to my little blog.
Today I am sharing a layout I created as part of the Design Team at D-lish Scraps

I decided to revisit some of the very early layouts that I did when I first started scrapping some 3 years ago. You know the embarrassing ones that no one gets to see anymore. Well I am redoing some of the real bad ones and this photo was from one of those... enjoy

This is a photo of my son Jake with his maternal grandparents on his marching out day. What a very special day for all of us especially me,  his Mum. He looked so shinny in his uniform and I don't think I have ever been as proud of him as I was on that day. 

Mum and Dad were given the best seating at the parade ground and I have never seen such pride on my Dad's face as I saw that day. Watching his grandson march on the parade ground like he had done many years ago was just wonderful feeling for him.



Tearing papers on an angle seems to be the in thing at the moment and I find myself doing it a bit on my layouts to. For this one I have torn the top and bottom corners off to show the striped paper underneath. I coloured some punchinella to match the colours of the layout.

The colours in the background are matching the Army cammo colours and I added some black stamping


My title was done in 3 parts. Army and Hero came from a Scrap FX pack. I split, painted them and rubbed Inka Gold on the edges. The MY was from my stash of leftovers.
Most of the flowers has to be inked to get them to match the layout then I edged them in the Inka Gold too.


Inked some tulle  for the background. A couple of D-lish flairs. I cut out 
the leaves from some hessian I had in my stash. I love the metal pipe and cogs chipboard 
from Scrap FX, inked and Inka Gold and finished it off with black ink.



The Army pack from Scrap FX was such great value, it had the rising sun emblem in
 it plus the rank, dogtags, guns, truck and tank. 
You will see bits and pieces from the pack in the rest of the photos.


I love this big red burlap flower from D-lish n this photo.
You can see those little Army pieces in this one too.
I recently purchased my Motex writer and printed out
name and rank on the dogtags.


Punching along the edges always looks good.



Some of the products used.
Cardstock
Bo Bunny paper
D-lish products
Flowers
Tulle
Flairs
Scrap FX chipboard
Scrap FX Army pack
Punchinella
Jo Sonja paints
Distress inks
Inka Gold
Hessian

Thanks for stopping by
till next time 
Keep on scrapping

Carol xx











No comments:

Post a Comment