Tuesday 14 July 2015

" Thank Heaven for little Girls "

Hi and I hope your all having a 
wonderful day so far.

Today is day two of  my three  D-lish Scraps Design Team posts. 
Pop back tomorrow to see the last one of my three.

Well this is one very special layout.
The family of the little girl in this photo were devastated by the recent floods in the Hunter Valley. 
Sadly her family lost absolutely everything including all their cherished photos except for a couple of this little one.
I was asked if I would be interested in donating a completed layout to the family of course I jumped at the chance to do it.

So this is it..



I decided that the layout needed to be all things girly but as I was on a retreat I was limited in what I had with me. So it would have to be ribbons and bows with flowers and butterflies oh and I forgot the lace and ladybugs.


I stenciled some butterflies onto the background and added colour with my Gelatos. Fussy cut out some fans and flowers from some papers that I had with me. All the chipboard was painted white and then added glitter. Used my Big Brushes to add stamping to the background.


I used the polka dot ribbon to put a big bow under the photo and I love the interlocking hearts what I added to the flower cluster at the bottom of the photo. Die cit out some green leaves to poke around the flowers


Distressed edges and then smudged Gelatos for colour. The butterflies I covered in Perle-pen and a couple of the flowers I had to colour with Gelatos to match the colour of the layout.
I splattered Gelato colour all over the page too.


Lace flowers behind the photos and those pretty fans.
I tried to match the colour of her dress to the overall
colour of the layout.


I so love using those sweet little ladybugs on my pages especially when I create
 beautiful flowers clusters.

Some of the products that I used;
plain cardstock
Gelatos
lace
D-lish, chipboard, title, flowers, butterflies
Prima and Enthaily flowers
Kaisercraft cutouts
Ribbon 
glitter
Stencil

Thanks for stopping by

till next time
Keep on scrapping

Carol xx





No comments:

Post a Comment