Wednesday 29 July 2015

" Happy Birthday "

Hi every one and it seems like so long since I've posted anything.
We all get busy with life and I suppose Im no different.
Well today I would like to share with you all a layout that I created as part of  the design team at Color Stories and Inspiration CSI
This is for case file 171 at CSI.

This is a photo of myself and my youngest granddaughter " Eliza" on my recent birthday. You can see that Eliza is helping Nanny blow out the candles on my cake.



CASE FILE 171...
The Scheme; light carnation pink, bright carnation pink, tan, white and gold-brown.
The Evidence; I used- stripes, chevrons, banner, other food items, dots, artisan shapes, wood, texture paste.
The Testimony; I wrote an invitation which you can see to the left of the photo and it reads... Eliza you are invited to Nanny's birthday party on the 17th of July. Come along and help Nanny celebrate. Yummy food to eat. In the testimony I also used Inspirational words, celebrate and yummy.

 Now for some details and some closeups.....


I cut out heaps of shapes from some left over pattern papers. 
Stuck them down in the shape that I wanted. Gesso fairly heavy but remember to 
leave some of the pattern showing through.
Everything including the chipboard pieces was stuck down
before I added any colour to the background.


Flowers and some more chipboard. The huge butterfly was a die cut that I 
inked with a few 
different colours including tan until 
I got the colour I wanted.




The frames were covered in gold micro beads, I love those things. 
They are my new fav embellishment. I found the little enamel embellishment in my 
stash and it fitted into the case file elements. The fourish chippy was covered with Gesso and 
then I smudged Gelato on it.


You can see that I distressed the edges of the papers. I made the banner and tried to drape it across the page but I preferred to stand it up like a flag. Diamonties added and white paint. The little pegs on the photo I put glitter on them to make them stand out.


You can see in this pic I added some black stamping of butterflies to the background.
 Another photo frame with those delicious micro beads. I doodled around the edge with a black gel pen.


I didn't matt this photo but framed it with the wire which is a nice effect rather than matting photos all the time.  You can see all the layers of goodies on this layout.

I used so much product on this layout I will try to list as many as I can;
cardstock, scrap pattern papers, wire string, gesso. impasto, wooden pegs, 2Crafty and Scrap fx chipboard piecesmicro beads, Prima flowers, D-lish flowers, D-lish flairs, diamonds, string, Lindy Stamp Gang Inks, Archival Ink, Gelatos Kaisercraft stamp pads,

thanks for stopping by
and till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment