Saturday 10 January 2015

"This is Me"


Hi everyone and welcome to another case file at Color, Stories and Inspiration

CSI is 3 years old this month and all the case files for January have a definite " birthday" feel about them. 
There are some exciting changes at CSI this month. There is no longer a Case File to solve on the third Friday of the month. We have also introduced a " Major" Case File which is the first one of the month and that one will go for the whole month. This gives you heaps of time to get your mojo going and join in on the fun. So if you have lots of time or like most of us limited time CSI  caters for everyone.
We have some wonderful sponsors this month and they are,



Case File 152 has a great birthday feel to the scene and this is my take on the case.
This is a photo of myself when I was about 5-6. This is me on my brand new shiny red scooter that I got for my birthday. I love my scooter and used to ride it everywhere. I can't believe how new the street looked in the background. Its was a new housing development in Victoria called Doveton and its where I spent the first 12 years of my younger days. I believe that the are has changed alot since I moved away and I no longer have my shiny red scooter.


Case File 152 at CSI birthday gift everywhere.

Now for the Case File elements;
The Scheme; all five colours clearly present and accounted for.
The Evidence; I used mesh, polka dots, ribbon/bow, paint, watercolor background.
The Testimony; I wrote about a favourite gift that I received and tied some ribbon around it. Its located on the bottom right corner, the polka dot paper roll.
My Story goes;
This is me Carol on my 5-6th birthday. I really can't remember.
I got a brand new red shiny scooter.
I rode my scooter everywhere and was the envy of my friends.
Its funny how scooter have come back into fashion
and all the kids are riding them again.
My scooter had pneumatic tyres (no tube)
It had red solid disc wheels.
The brake also doubled as the stand.
I had a silver bell on the handle bars.
My Dad bought me plastic streamers so that
I could hang them from the handle grips.
They would fly in the wind especially because I
rode my scooter so fast.
NOW FOR THE CLOSE UPS AND PAGE DETAILS.........
Love the Green Tara ribbon on this page and the little
ladybugs peeking out from the flowers.


Lots of Impasto, gesso, inks, paints and stamping in the background.
My journalling is inside the polka dot roll.

2Crafty chippy circles on the background and then  I painted and
added some to the layout once it was finished.


I love to add surgical gauze to my layouts, I think it adds
a real softness to them.



Painted the title and then covered it in Glossy Accents to
give it a real shiny feel.


Some items used
Gesso
Impasto
Jo Sonja paints
Prima color Blooms
Lindy Stamp Gang Inks
2Crafty Chipboard
Green Tara ribbons
Prima flowers
Petaloo Flowers
papers;
plain bazzill
Prima Devine Collection
Kaisercraft stamps
Plasterers tape
Surgical gauze
Thanks for stopping by

have a great day

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment