Tuesday 12 August 2014

" That Smile "


Hi everyone 
this is my gorgeous granddaughter Emelia with a whole heap of fascinators that I have been collecting for such a long time. Not needing them anymore I thought that the girls could use them as dress ups but maybe not all at once.

For this layout I have taken inspiration from 2 challenge sites being Scrap Around The World and Berry71bleu




With the Scrap Around the World mood board I used the feathers, beads, flowers, the frame of the cotton reels is the little frame at the bottom and the "Fashion Show theme" I didn't want to use heaps of colours with this photo so I chose to keep it the same as all the fascinators which are all colours  in the cotton reels. This is the beautiful mood board that I used.


With the Berry71bleu  I based the layout on the sketch for this month's challenge but moved the title to the other side. 
This is the fantastic sketch that I used.

In the layout  my big heart took me so long to make. I spent all afternoon rolling strips of paper around wooden skewers and the sticking them onto double sided sticky paper. Once I had enough I traced a heart shape onto my rolls and cut out the heart shape. With some of the rolls I had such pretty Washi tape that I ran strips of tape down the rolls. This is  great way to use Washi to. A couple of pearls along the top and I think it looks amazing




 Thanks for stopping by
and don't forget your comments give me so much inspiration

Carol xx



No comments:

Post a Comment