Monday 23 June 2014

" LOVE "

Hi there everyone, I decided to try my hand at the challenge over at The Color Room this time.
This is challenge no #169  A monochromatic palette of white and olive-y-green. I think that you can see that I have used these colours very well in this layout. One of the other requirements was fabric. You can see his in the background, I glued gauze down before I coloured the background and I used fabric flowers. Some I made with paper and tulle and some I bought. I also wanted to add some leaves so I cut a few out of some hessian I had and I am very happy with the way they turned out.
This is a brilliant photo of my son-in-law "Scott " with my super cute granddaughter " Milly ". They had a family day at Australia Wildlife Walkabout Park in June 2014 with Mum and sister. I loved this photo when I saw it and knew Iwanted it to be my next project. I tried to give it a small amount of masculinity with the cogs. Not to much though, hence the flowers and pearls.


This is the colour palette that I used from The Color Room

Just a couple of closeups


The larger green flowers were single but I added layers of tulle and then some gold stamens and I loved the result.

Gauze added to the background before misting or painting adds an amazing dimension to the layout. 

Thanks for stopping by
keep smiling

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment