Monday 14 April 2014

" Moment "

 
 

Welcome to my " Scrap Around the World "  challenge.

 
I decided this month that I needed a challenge, something to push me a bit more in my scrapbooking. After looking at a few sites I thought the mood board was a great concept and just the thing I was looking for.
With only a couple of years experience in scrapbooking I hope you enjoy my layout.... 
 
  
  
 The mood board had so many components that I wanted to use but the first one that really popped out were the glasses. I found this great photo of the daughter with her two girls in the sunnies and thought this is perfect. I loved the colors that much that I used different shades throughout the layout from the papers to the flowers to the mists on the background.
 
 


From the beginning I tried to create something so perfect for my first challenge that I was putting an enormous amount of pressure on myself. Struggling,  I sat back with a cuppa,  looked at the board and the words just seemed to jump out at me. A few changes here and there and         " My New Scrapbook Mantra " was created. I thought that I would share my mantra with you.
 I added a bit of crackle stamping to one of the papers in the layers under the photo and my inspiration for the circles from the mood board came in the form of the pretty doilies in the background. With all the beautiful flowers on the layout I definitely had to add a butterfly or two.
 
 

















This is the mood board that I based my layout on. The board was created by  Riikka Kovasin from Finland for Scrap Around the World. What an awesome board to start my adventure, beautiful colors and of course butterflies. 





Thanks for stopping by for a " Moment ",
 I hope you enjoy this layout as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Keep smiling
 Carol

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment