Friday 25 April 2014

Adventure

          CSI: Color, Stories and Inspiration.
                April Challenge - S365-5
http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-s365-5-special-scrap365-case-file-closes-april-30-20

This is my layout for the challenge over at CSI for the month of April. My Hubby Pat received a Chrissy  pressie  off me for "hotlaps" at Eastern Creek Raceway in Sydney. What a great day was had, not only by him but me as a spectator. He completed laps in the drivers seat and thought he was going so fast. Then he had the opportunity to sit in the passenger seat and be shown how it was done by the professionals. I thought that the photo was a perfect match for the CSI challenge criteria as listed below.


 "Evidence "
STRIPES: in the washi tape on the edges and in the layers of strips of papers in the background.
 PAINTS: I used heaps of red and yellow pain on the background of the layout.
STRING: You can see bits of black string strategically placed around the layout photos.
TRIANGLES: Triangle mask and some Impasto paste on the back ground also triangles on the yellow paper in the layers.

"
" Testimony "
Using Inspirational words in my journaling was easy as the day was so much "fun" for both of us. "Surprising" my hubby with this for Christmas was brilliant. It didn't matter if you were in the drivers seat, in the passengers seat or watching from the stands the " show " was amazing.
Then to make my journaling stand out I  " put a ring around it " in the form of an embossed cog, perfect for this layout.
 
 
 
 
These close up show you the all the different elements that I used to get a very layered effect. Cogs, string and anything else that I could find to give the page a real male grungy feel.
I think that I obtained the look I was after.
No flowers here !!





 A coupe of close-ups to show all the layering, embellishments, paints, cogs and heaps of other goodies. To many to list them all.
 
 
This is the fantastic case file board created at CSI that gave me the inspiration to create this totally male, automotive,  grungy page to remember the wonderful day that we both had.

Thanks for stopping by
keep smiling
Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment